Google slides and PowerPoint are two widely used tools for business presentations. This blog discusses which of the two presentation software programs is more suitable for your needs as a corporate enterprise? We’ll compare them in this blog to provide you with pointers to take a informed decision on which one is better for designing and editing presentations considering your organizations specific requirements.
Google Slides is a free slideshow program that comes with Google Drive.
There are a few features that distinguish Google Slides from other presentation apps.
For starters, Google Slides are designed to run in your browser rather than on your laptop. Because of the browser-based features, you don’t have to download or install a package to make presentations.
Sharing and networking are simple with this cloud-based approach. Since it’s a browser-based app, you can quickly share and collaborate with anyone who has a Google account and an internet connection.
Another important distinguishing feature of Google Slides is its simplicity. Google is well-known for its simple and popular homepage.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a versatile presentation-making tool. The downloadable desktop software for Microsoft PowerPoint is compatible with both Mac OS and Windows PCs and includes the well-known Microsoft toolbar. It provides PowerPoint Presentation Design Services
Let’s have a detailed look into the features of each.
Google Slides has a fantastic automated saving feature that saves any changes you make. You don’t have to be concerned about losing your progress if anything goes wrong.
Slides also have a comprehensive version history, which is built on top of their automatic saving feature. If you make changes to your presentation that you don’t like, you can easily restore it to a previous edition.
The third distinguishing characteristic of Google Slides is its straightforward PowerPoint compatibility. Slides’ program makes it easy to build a presentation and then export it as a PowerPoint file. You can also use Slides to download a PowerPoint file and make changes to it.
PowerPoint Designer is a one-of-a-kind feature that uses a suggestion engine to provide you with automated slide design suggestions.
When you add a graphic to your slide, such as a picture, PowerPoint will provide you with several slide choices from which to choose. These formats are based on technical slide design concepts.
Another unique feature of Microsoft PowerPoint is Broadcast Live, which allows you to share your slideshow with anyone with an internet connection in real-time. Broadcast live allows you to share a browser-based connection to your live presentation with others.
Another useful function of PowerPoint is Presenter View. You will use it to project your presentation onto a second monitor. It’s a good idea to submit your presentation to a second computer.
Let’s have a comparison of some common features of both of them.
You can download the free templates here: Free Slides
Templates for Google Slides
- When you first open Google Slides, you’ll see a gallery of simple models that you can customize to meet your specific needs. Furthermore, Google Slide templates are open source, allowing everyone to create an editable presentation.
- The use of Google Slides models makes creating attractive presentations a breeze. With these models, Google Slides becomes a formidable presentation app that competes with Apple’s Keynote and Microsoft’s PowerPoint.
- Google provides tutorials and also shows you how to use Slides to display on Chromecast if you need support converting models into presentation designs.
Templates for PowerPoint
- When it comes to models, PowerPoint has the upper hand in terms of quantity. Thousands of visual elements and custom models for PowerPoint can be found in their gallery and on the internet.
- PowerPoint models come in a variety of styles. PowerPoint is the best option for those looking for variety in their presentations because of this diversity. Furthermore, PowerPoint has several unique custom graphs and charts that are difficult to replicate in Google Slides.
- Simply fill in the template with your graphics and copy to produce a special and robust presentation. PowerPoint, on the other hand, allows you to completely customize your presentation.
The cost of each presentation software will be discussed next. Let’s look at a cost comparison between Google Slides and PowerPoint.
The Price of Google Slides
- Google Slides and Google Drive are also free to use. These programs are completely free to download and use. All of the features we’ve spoken about so far are completely free.
- One of the most critical value propositions for Google Slides is the fact that it is completely free. All of the features are available on any smartphone that supports the Google Slides app. To use Google Slides, all you need is a Google account.
Price of a PowerPoint Presentation
- Most people buy PowerPoint as part of the Microsoft Office suite, which is now known as Microsoft 365.
- The monthly fee begins at $6.99 a month and varies based on the number of users and the needs of the team.
- The program alone costs $139 and does not provide any room.
Backup & Storage
It takes a lot of effort to put together a show. One of the toughest feelings is losing a presentation after hours or days of preparation due to a mistake.
Both Google Slides and PowerPoint have backup features that you can use on your desktop or mobile devices to solve this problem.
Backup of Google Slides
- Each Google Drive account comes with up to 15 GB of free storage.
- When it comes to data backup, Google Slides saves it to their cloud.
- This means you won’t have to click save every few minutes to protect your job.
- Google Slides also has a useful history analysis feature that allows you to look back at previous iterations of your presentation.
- This means that if you don’t like any of the recent edits you made, you can go back to a previous version of your work and restore it.
Backup of PowerPoint
- All of your PowerPoint presentations are saved directly on your screen because PowerPoint is mainly a desktop presentation tool.
- Microsoft OneDrive, on the other hand, can be used to store your PowerPoint files.
- Microsoft OneDrive, like Google Drive, is a cloud storage service. It does, however, necessitate a Microsoft 365 subscription, which includes a 5GB cloud storage plan for users.
Should you use Google Slides or PowerPoint for your presentation?
Both Google Slides and PowerPoint have advantages and disadvantages. The program you choose is entirely dependent on your specific requirements for instance if you are an individual or a Presentation Design Agency.
Google Slides, for example, allows for real-time collaboration, making it a perfect option for teams collaborating on a presentation together.
Similarly, Microsoft PowerPoint could be a great fit for someone who wants to work offline and customize their presentations without requiring internet connectivity. Each tool has advantages and disadvantages that the others do not. Finally, you must decide upon your personal winner based on your own preferences and requirements for presentation software.
Visual Spiders is a top presentation design agency in the world that has helped several fortune 500 companies with its google slides and PowerPoint services.
Check out the amazing services we offer for you and let’s collaborate to rule the world through the power of your stories.
Related Content: How To Introduce Your Company Effectively In A Presentation